Friday, September 22, 2006

SubSource signs off

via No Error, the Internets makes me cry:

After nearly seven years of providing quality electronic ambient music for free subsource will stop it's work. No new music will be released at this place. Past Releases will be kept online as long as possible. Thanks to all listeners, supporters and of course the artists for the good work. We had great times during this project.

I've enjoyed the music from SubSource for a while now, especially the mixes they'd post which would always direct me to further great netlabels that I'd be ignorant of otherwise. It's a drag to see them closing shop, though admittedly not as sad as seeing a physical music label shutting down. At least the SubSource recordings will remain available both at their site SubSource.de (for a while) and at the SubSource collection on Archive.org here (hopefully permanently).

I'll put together an hour-long mix of their music for one of my upcoming shows. I haven't been playing enough netmusic on my show in general and I'm a little ashamed that it takes moments like these to force my hand (as it did for my Comfort Stand show)

links:
SubSource home
SubSource on the Internet Archive
No Error

No comments: