Monday, December 11, 2006

What do you do during the show?

It may shock and/or appall some of you to know what I do down here at the WYEP Community Broadcast Center while I'm DJ'ing. The terrible truth is I do pretty much what I do whenever I'm listening to music: I surf the web. Here are some links I stumbled across during this week's show.

Staccato. A webcomic about several video game geeks sharing an apartment. I know, a webcomic about video games. Whodda thought? It's a nice strip though. My only complaint is there aren't more comics in the archive and if the worst thing you can say is "I want more," that's not bad.

Child's Play. Speaking of webcomics and video games, Child's Play, the charity set up by Gabe and Tycho at Penny Arcade just hit $495,000 in donations-$230,000 of it in the past week. That's pretty amazing and Child's Play is a nice charity. They donate toys and cash to children's hospitals to make the kids' holidays better.

Wii Safety: The Missing Pages and WiiHaveAProblem. And speaking of video games, why not a little shout-out towards Wii safety? I figure everyone's heard about WiiHaveAProblem by now, but in case you haven't, browse through that blog a bit. It's somewhere between hilarious and awful-funny in that, "holy cow, look at that," way, sad in the fact that people are destroying their homes while playing these games. From there, surf over to this Flickr set and familiarize yourself with further Wii safety suggestions.

No comments: