Tuesday, March 31, 2020

My Jandek Plague Journal: 3/24/20 "No Mind Was a Good Mind"

Part One: "I made a mistake/and came here today." "But I'm here anyway/pounding at your door/half-dead and forsaken/I did it to myself/I made a mistake/It's my problem now/I'll live through this/dragging my body along." Part Two: "I guess I'll go and hide inside/I don't know why I ever came out." Because it's Tuesday, I choose a Tuesday album and keep getting lyrics about shame resulting from a refusal to stay away. I'm thinking about my own self-isolation practice, how it's my daily routine anyway, but that I was still glib about it. I was going to go to the movies tonight, but received a text this morning encouraging citizens to power through these next two weeks; we've almost got it beat. Meanwhile, the US administration is considering calling off all the social distancing because it's hurting the economy. Apparatchiks are already doing the media rounds saying some deaths are acceptable.

-3/24/20. "No Mind Was a Good Mind" from London Tuesday (lyrics)
(one week later)

No comments: