Friday, May 29, 2020

My Jandek Plague Journal: 5/22/20 "Sorry, Sorry"

"I’m sorry, sorry/I can’t think positive/I can’t dream of a future/It’s today my getting through." America is reopening so that means there was a mass shooting. A man opened fire at an Arizona mall, specifically targeting couples. The mayor said that, as places start to reopen, you can expect violence like this again. Do not surrender to fear and please keep shopping. "I can't dream of a future" if this is the world we're being told to expect. You can't shelter-in-place to protect yourself from dying to the disease because that will hurt the economy and you can't stay inside to avoid shooters cause that will hurt the economy. The government can't do anything to prevent you from dying because that would generate expectations that the government works for you. Besides, dying is good for the economy--funeral expenses, hotel rooms for visiting mourners, and your job filled by one of the 40 million unemployed. Die for Mammon, die for Moloch.

-5/22/20. "Sorry, Sorry" from Brooklyn Wednesday (lyrics)
(one week earlier)
(one week later)

No comments: