Wednesday, May 13, 2020

My Jandek Plague Journal: 5/6/20 "I Found the Right Change"

"I’m gonna sit in my front room where nobody stays/I need to describe what’s going to stay here and/What’s going away/Don’t you have a friend who can give you space/It’s what you need right now." Everything's gearing back up at school: Saturday classes, afterschool classes, and the inevitable return of the students. Things are returning to normal. In the US, the death toll is over 72,000 with more than 2,000 people dying every day. As someone on Twitter pointed out, that's a 9/11 every 2 days. That's acceptable now. That's the new normal. 19 years ago the administration told people to go shopping so as to not let the terrorists win. Also, give up on all your freedoms so we don't have an event like that again. Now the administration says go shopping to ensure we keep getting this level of death. It's a situation so absurd that even criticizing it seems facile.

-5/6/20. "I Found the Right Change" from The Gone Wait (lyrics)
(one week earlier)
(one week later)

No comments: