Saturday, May 02, 2020

My Jandek Plague Journal: 4/25/20 "Flowers On My Shirt"

"Gotta go quick ending absurd/Who says the vision is nearly blurred/Fingers fingers fingers fingers/It’s the end this time I know." I avoided mentioning "bleach" yesterday on purpose. Dwelling on each new absurdity and outrage is both pointless and the goal--constant distraction. I've already said that though. Even the acknowledgement of distraction is a distraction. Instead, we need to focus on white supremacy and genocide. The majority of COVID deaths in the US are minorities and the calls for people to return to work, and the protesters paid to say the same, began after that information started coming out. The US is facing this pandemic because it brushed it off as something happening to Asian people. Now that Americans are seeing it disproportionately affect African-Americans, they say it's not a threat, or at least not a threat to those that matter.

-4/25/20. "Flowers On My Shirt" from Glad to Get Away (lyrics)
(one week earlier)
(one week later)

No comments: