Thursday, June 04, 2020

My Jandek Plague Journal: 5/28/20 "The Places You Left Me: Part One"

"When I tried to get out, you pushed me down/Hit me and kicked me/Left me hurt so bad/Well, I tried to tell you how it really was/You didn't care to listen/You just walked away." In Minneapolis, the police riot has expanded to include cops from nearby cities like St. Paul coming to riot and insist on their right to murder people. Police show their hands a bit when they say they can't do their jobs unless they're allowed to murder people. What do they imagine their job is? At the same time, police have escalated the violence against mourners to the point where looting has broken out: if the government won't tell cops to stop murdering, you move to the next level of power to make your demand--the corporations. The cops want to see looting because they imagine it legitimizes their presence and violence. "Only cops can stop this looting sparked by police violence."

-5/28/20. "The Places You Left Me: Part One" from Hasselt Saturday (lyrics)
(one week earlier)
(one week later)

No comments: