Monday, June 01, 2020

My Jandek Plague Journal: 5/25/20 "The Grassy Knoll"

"But at some time, it seemed to me, the thoughts were filled with falsity/It was a plan to enslave us, to bring us to their world to stay/Damaged by their perverse thinking, losing our minds and souls to them/I quickly knew I couldn’t be there, but also I knew I had to stay." Outrage in the UK as it's revealed a senior Tory ignored isolation orders because he wanted to. He said he had to and people all relate more desperate situations where they didn't. But lockdown, for conservatives, is not about protecting the populace, it's about protecting the powerful. When politicians are at risk of contracting the disease, lockdown goes into effect. When their stock portfolios are at risk, it gets lifted. The politicians will continue to self-isolate, maintain social distancing, but will starve you if you choose your life over your job. They get to. Their only philosophy is power equals permission.

-5/25/20. "The Grassy Knoll" from Glasgow Sunday 2005 (lyrics)
(one week earlier)
(one week later)

No comments: