Monday, June 22, 2020

My Jandek Plague Journal: 6/15/20 "I Know I'm Alive: Excited"

"I thought I was okay/Some time ago/I thought it was all right/But I was dead/I didn't have my obsession/But now I got it/Nobody can take it away/Because it's in my mind." Gov. Cuomo released a statement Saturday telling protestors, "You don't need to protest, you won." The Banned Book Club Twitter noted that in Korea's "2016 Candlelight Revolution, there was one of these 'you won, stop' moments every few days./But people never stopped. It took 5 months, but they got every single thing they demanded. All the way up to the president in prison." Breonna Taylor's murderers are still free. The mayors who ordered police to attack their own citizens have not resigned. And we have not defunded the police. This does not stop until the State stands down and surrenders, disarms, and disbands. This uprising is not for police reform. Minneapolis had enacted many of these reforms and police still murdered a man on camera while laughing. Abolish the police.

-6/15/20. "I Know I'm Alive: Excited" from Houston Saturday
(one week earlier)
(one week later)

No comments: