Sunday, April 05, 2020

My Jandek Plague Journal: 3/29/20 "Fantasy One"

I went for a walk this evening. I had to get out of the house. The day had gotten away form me--slept through my alarm and then tried to solve a computer problem that I'd caused. The sun had set before I left, but I needed to be outside, even if just for a little bit. I went walking away from the main street, down the side road my apartment building stands upon. As the road arced off to the left with no sign of a cross street, I ducked down an alley to my right hoping it'd deliver me to the other side of my block. The alley snaked and ambled with t-intersections and openings onto small courtyards. People passed me coming from the other direction, emerging from and vanishing into nothing. I did my best to go straight, but had no sense of direction or distance. If I dead-ended, I'd never know how to get back out. I am haunting this alleyway just as I am haunting this nation, but what unfinished business keeps my restless spirit here?

-3/29/20. "Fantasy One" from Ghost Passing
(one week earlier)
(one week later)

No comments: