Monday, April 27, 2020

My Jandek Plague Journal: 4/20/20 "What You Give Me"

"You give what you give me/I got to tell you/I take what I want/I don’t take nothin’/You can take what you want." I'm almost a month into the process of doing this journal, just about a quarter of the way through all my Jandek albums. I don't know that I thought it would be running this long even though things really kicked off in Korea 2 months ago. We've handled it well but we're still 60-odd days into self-isolation and social distancing with the government saying we'll need another 2 weeks, although a relaxed standard over those 2 weeks. Busan was 2 days away from being declared clear of the virus--we've had 26 days with no new cases--but 2 more just sprang up: a nurse and her father. That's unfortunate, but not surprising. There's no question of how they got exposed and they likely haven't put anyone else at risk. It's nice, for a moment, to be able to just think, I hope they get better, and nothing else.

-4/20/20. "What You Give Me" from Somebody in the Snnow (lyrics)
(one week earlier)
(one week later)

No comments: