Friday, April 17, 2020

My Jandek Plague Journal: 4/10/20 "Sung"

"I’m looking at a blank page/Looking at a blank page/I’m just singing a song/That I didn’t write/I just sung." A week ago, I was noting how nice things were--the weather, the sunset, the sense that people were reemerging after all of this. This week I feel like I've adopted the anxiety of being in the US. I'm thinking about when I've gone out and panicking--did I go out more often than normal? Have I put someone at risk? How much have I managed to move without leaving any mark? Can I still disappear without being noted? I'm not sleeping right anymore. I don't gradually get tired then head to bed, I focus on things and as soon as that task is done I pass out. If I'm not teaching, I'm struggling to stay awake. I have dinner at home and, regardless of my intentions, fold up and pass out on the couch. Despite all this constant passing out, I'm still not having eight hours total in any one day. I'm constantly sleeping and still not sleeping enough.

-4/10/20. "Sung" from Interstellar Discussoion (lyrics)
(one week earlier)
(one week later)

No comments: